With the roll-out of connected cars, services such as live traffic and live parking have become standard requirements. Parkopedia leads the market in parking data services, with 70 million parking spaces globally across 15,000 cities.
Static DataUsed to help drivers choose their ideal parking space:
- Dozens of attributes for every location
- Precise position of parking locations around a given destination for both parking garages and lots ("off-street") and street parking ("on-street")
- Includes details on number of spaces, prices, hours of operation, covered/ uncovered, Electric Vehicle charge points, height restrictions, etc
A combination of real-time data and sophisticated predictive models to determine parking space availability at any given time:
- Providing occupancy as well as “probability to find parking”
- Leveraging parking payment transaction data, digital imagery and vehicle sensor data including floating car data, ultrasonic sensor data and other types of sensor data to provide highest quality predictions
- Providing highly granular dynamic data, e.g. per street segment
Collecting and Maintaining Data
Parkopedia is confident that we have the industry's highest quality data, gathered through robust collection methods and quality assurance processes. Besides sourcing “traditional” parking availability information which is produced and made available by parking equipment such as barriers or sensors, Parkopedia has also developed advanced mathematical models to derive space availability predictions even in areas where no required parking infrastructure, such as sensors or barriers, exists.
- Parking Industry - Parkopedia obtains data directly from municipal and commercial parking operators, as well as their suppliers such as payment providers. Our partnerships ensure this data is of the highest quality, updated frequently and authoritative
- Physical Surveying - Our highly experienced surveying teams conduct in-person visits to parking locations worldwide, collecting photos and double checking data on opening hours, prices, etc. Parking information is regularly re-surveyed and "freshness" is monitored and tracked
- Artificial Intelligence - Parkopedia uses machine learning and computer vision technologies to collect data and assure completeness of coverage and data accuracy
- Customer Feedback - Parkopedia makes it easy for both our B2C and B2B customers to report any changes to parking data. Integrations can be configured so that users can report data issues directly to Parkopedia, which we review and action within 24 hours.
Parkopedia offers two ways to access its data in a structured format; a feed that provides a dump of the entire database for a given country/region OR a POST search API that returns closest results to a specified location and supports payments and transactions as well.